At Arup, we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the Carbon Free Boston study. Our 16,000-person global team regularly come together to devise solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating.
Arup's Digital Transformation means software developers play a critical role in delivering high quality data enriched products and service to our clients. Within the Arup team, this involves helping clients to define their user requirements, interactions and experience, overall project planning, detailed design development and coordination between stakeholder disciplines. Unity developers are at the forefront of our digital innovations within the office and must be able to create new products on the fly and train others to do the same.
- Define client user requirements
- Develop storyboards / wireframes to communicate initial concept ideas to clients
- Develop schema for databases
- Develop database-connected Unity Applications for delivery to end-user clients
- Coordinate in-coming and out-going information
- Work across stakeholders to ensure an overall design fits together and satisfies each stakeholder's individual requirements
- Manage submissions and ensure proper QA/QC protocols are implemented
- Filter and prioritize client requirements into scope of minimum viable products and future developments
- Problem Solving - Tackle detail/task level problems with original, novel code.
- Geometry – The ability to solve specific 3d spatial data challenges using 3d geometry mathematics and 3d tools such as raycasting and custom shaders
- Working knowledge developing Apps in Unity real-time development platform. Additional experience with, traditional engines such as Unreal, and webGL frameworks such as Three.js, Babylon, or similar platforms is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Rhino 3D preferred, Rhino 3D plugin or Grasshopper knowledge is helpful.
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar database management system experience with .Python, alchemy, flask, etc. preferred but PHP, JAVA, . NET, etc. considered.
- Working knowledge in all or some of the following;
- Revit, Inventor, 3dMax, or similar platforms
- Knowledge of Autodesk Recap, Grasshopper, and Navisworks is a plus
- Experience utilizing service API architectures with Unity.
- API development and cloud deployment with Python, DJANGO, Flask, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, etc. or equivalents. would be a strong asset.
- Adaptability -– Fast learning.
- Creativity – Inject new thinking into design challenges. Design Thinking, User Experience design concepts and brainstorming techniques is a plus.
- Efficiency – A thorough understanding of application development from design to deployment. Agile methodology experience is a plus
- Documentation –Utilize best practices with the ability to convey code concepts, development patterns and structure. Draw.io, Confluence, etc. or equivalents experience is a plus
- Time Management –Task estimation and the ability to communicate deadline and delivery concerns with specific business and technical authority is required. JIRA or equivalent experience is a plus.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Accredited Diploma / Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Game Design, or Full Stack Development, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience working in the software development.
- Interest and passion for all aspects of the built environment and how ideas become reality.
- Communication – fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Active in code communities with active GIT, Stack, and Slack participation
- Comfortable balancing multiple roles and responsibilities in high stress situations
- Ability to think of big picture implications to individual decisions
- Able to take ownership of any task and efficiently take it to its conclusion
- Proactively check resource data and work of self and others
- Ability to conceptualize and design practical solutions
- Comfortable in team environment, sharing roles and responsibilities, knowing when to speak up, and when not to
- Have a positive attitude about the challenges all projects face, and exude a confidence that makes others comfortable handing over responsibilities
- Always eager to learn new ways to do things and adapt to new ways of thinking.
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays, and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.