Treasury Management Sales Manager (Texas) -National and Specialty Businesses
Req Number: 236598
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
- 4 Yr/Bachelor Degree or 4 years of relevant experience
- 10 or more years Sales of Financial Services/Products
- 7 years Treasury Management
- 2 years Management/Leadership
TREASURY MANAGEMENT SALES MANAGER
The Treasury Management Sales Team Leader manages a team of Treasury Sales Officers who are responsible for the generation of new cash management business, expansion of existing business relationships, and portfolio management for our Treasury Management business. This includes both strategic and tactical sales plans for this growth. This Team is expected to represent the voice of the Customer in the development, review & recommended solutions for new product development. Individuals in this position are also responsible for administering corporate policies and procedures and the approving of special pricing.
- Manage all sales reporting, Business Pipeline, and monthly expense reports for the team.
- Complete annual performance plans and reviews for team members.
- Ensure compliance by applying all applicable federal state and local laws and regulations and Comerica policies and procedures.
- Achieve team sales goals by implementing effective sales action plans.
- Prepare and present annual Treasury Relationship Reviews to all identified top tier customers and assigned Key Clients per the TMS Call Planning Strategy document and Key Accounts Management Playbook.
- Ensure all documentation, contracts, special pricing and correspondence to/from customers is accurate and completed within established guidelines.
- Achieve National Goals as established by Treasury Management Senior Management.
- Coach, mentor, identify, support and manage team to reach overall new sales revenues.
- Negotiate standard prices, maintain existing pricing in competitive situations or negotiate price increases where appropriate.
- Create competitive proposals and respond to RFPs, following the TM RFP guidelines by the work.
- Effectively lead and direct the work of team members. Identify, recruit, develop, assist and employees whose competencies are aligned with Comerica's vision and strategy.
- Participate in joint calls with team members.
- Promote conference/local association meeting attendance and participation in internal committees/meetings by team members as deemed available and appropriate.
- Monitor performance against team goal monthly and coach individual team members.
- Maintain current knowledge of cash management applications and concepts by attending local association meetings, conferences, trade shows, internal training and reviewing trade publications.
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Category C - Days may vary based on workweek schedule (1-5 days in office)
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background and fingerprint check.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica's more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.