Tissue Procurement Specialist
- Supports specimen management, inventory control, including acquisition, processing and distribution.
- Inputs, retrieves and interprets specimen related data from multiple manual and computer based information systems.
- Assists with the organization, tracking, scheduling, and completion of GU tissue-based projects. Collaborates with members of the Tissue Core to coordinate work-flow and implement new systems to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring that all biospecimen requests are compliant with relevant policies, procedures, and regulations. Keeps abreast with current IRB, FDA and other governing body requirements. Verifies protocol consent status and authorization of use of data and biospecimens by following institutional guidelines. Verifies authorization and approval of testing as indicated in the IRB approved protocol.
- Documents all aspects of tissue collection and processing, maintains inventory system and produces reports as requested by manager or supervisor.
- Provides quality assurance service for the inventory.
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Education Preferred: Associate's degree.
Experience Required: Three years of medical or laboratory research experience. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Requisition ID: 131587
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 33,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 49,800