Communication solutions designed for the healthcare environment can bridge the security and integration gaps: They can integrate with other solutions and third-party applications, permeating and enhancing clinical workflows. Intended for use in a clinical environment, they are designed to meet the technical and administrative standards, required to comply with HIPAA. These systems are created to integrate seamlessly with current operations on any type of device or combination of devices. Check out how our communication is working by watching this video: Encrypted Communications
The Technical Operations Field Technician provides field support to technical team members and customers alike. Assists junior technicians responsible for the operation and maintenance of radio transmitters, paging terminals, and network equipment associated with 1-way and 2-way messaging. The ideal candidate will have field technician experience and a background in radio frequency and electronics.
This is a field-based position located in the Houston, Texas area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, repairs and provides high-level preventative maintenance of 1-way and 2-way paging transmitters.
- Performs testing, system analysis, software upgrades by utilizing local and remote diagnostics. Calculates, measures and aligns systems to meet OET65 and FCC rules and regulations.
- Operates and maintains paging equipment, including satellite systems, with extensive knowledge of software operation and upgrades, network routers, and modems when necessary. Additionally, supports and maintains peripheral devices such as DSU/CSU, multiplexers used in paging systems.
- Oversees advanced testing and troubleshooting expertise for all company Telco facilities. Coordinates repairs with Telco vendors and junior technicians.
- Operates and maintains UPS systems, ensuring batteries and capacity are sufficient to support the systems they supply. Coordinates repairs and interruptions of commercial power to vendors.
- Maintains systems integrity and operations ensuring compliance with FAA, FCC state and local codes.
- Provides written and oral reports on system operations. Maintains logs and “as built” documentation of transmitters and paging terminals.
- Investigates and diagnoses internal and external customer complaints visit customer locations as needed to ensure system integrity. Assists with technical support to customers and junior level technicians including presentations and training.
- Provides “On Call” assistance on short notice to address any system emergency.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-6 years related experience and/or training
- Previous experience with Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Telecommunications and Electronic packages.
- Strong RF background in radio and electronics.
- Must be able to travel to and from transmitter sites.
- Field experience preferred