Tax Processing Specialist
In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating and executing efficient tax processing practices within an office or geography, including collating, assembly, scanning, and monitoring tax control logs and reports. This position may also operate in general administrative duties to support line of business as required.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- 1-3 years related office experience
- Experience utilizing office technical tools, including office scanners, printers, label machines and copiers
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft 2013 Office Skills
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the technology tools required within assigned responsibilities
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience in accounting or professional service environment a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills (spelling, grammar, sentence structure and punctuation)
- Effective organization and time management skills, follow procedures, improve efficiency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities as necessary to meet deadlines
- Flexible demeanor, pro-active thinker, positive attitude, maintains confidentiality
- Ability to take direction, ask appropriate questions and complete tasks independently
- Print and assemble tax returns from ProSystems Fx
- Responsible for learning, understanding and scanning client documents to DOTT (Digital Office Tax Tools), and assigning scanned work to the appropriate staff through work flow
- Maintaining E-file system and due date system for tax returns
- May assist with incoming and outgoing mail rotation, request postage funds and supplies for the postage meter, record retention process, pick-up and drop-off of documents at client site and large mailings to clients
- Other duties as assigned
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, three weeks paid time off for these positions, matching 401(k), flexible hours and a challenging, professional work environment.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.