Requisition Number: SYSTE02558
Serves as primary contact for business users requiring day to day support. Works in conjunction with other administrators and analysts in new implementations, enhancements, and support projects, and assists with development, configuration, or system setup tasks.
- Correspond with internal and external business users and owners to implement operations, programs/enhancements, and identify/resolve problems
- Reproduce & resolve issues, document and, when appropriate, send to vendor for resolution.
- Document all communications, system changes, and fixes in the Ameritrust Service Portal, following appropriate change control documents & processes.
- Identify, document, and implement solutions and enhancements to address system performance issues, changing business requirements, or to pursue opportunities to improve efficiency or service.
- Participate in the process of requirements gathering and documentation, project scope documentation, and other project documentation.
- Design and document training and test plans, and participate in training or testing efforts as required.
- Assist with system configuration, build out, and development projects.
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet assigned target dates.
- Communicate to varied audiences across organizational & departmental lines, including external customers. Communicate effectively & professionally both verbally and in written communications.
- The above duties may be performed independently or with team members. Must function effectively in a team-oriented environment, but also perform at a high level when working under limited supervision.
- Specific tasks may include interface management, data analysis and scripting, report and form design, system configuration and screen design, upgrades, enhancements, new implementations, and user security.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCITONS:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience strongly desired. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years insurance industry experience required.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, table structure and general database concepts. Experience with SQL report development tools preferred but not required.
- Strong background in the insurance business environment, with a functional grasp of policy & coverage processing, claims processing, and general insurance operations. Commercial insurance designations are highly indicative of this knowledge & experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with strong emphasis on Word and Excel. Proficiency with Microsoft Visio is desirable, but not required.
- System specific experience preferred (Vision, Point, Riskmaster, Concept One) but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate insurance as well as non-insurance material to others.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service focused disposition is required to successfully provide positive user support on a day-to-day basis.
- Proven ability to perform at a high level, independently and in a team environment.