Service Tech - Level 5
**REFRIGERATION SERVICE TECHS NEEDED**
Join SERVICE REFRIGERATION and experience why we are the
COOLEST CAREER CHOICE!
Service Refrigeration is one of the largest and fastest growing service providers to design, install and manage mission-critical refrigeration and HVAC in the United States. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
We are proud to be a leading company that has a distinguished history and at the same time we have a real enthusiasm and excitement for what the future holds. We not only work to measurably improve the efficiency of our customer's refrigeration/HVAC Systems, but we help them operate more sustainably and reduce their carbon footprint, enabling them to be an environmental leader in their community.
If you want to join a growing company that is positioned to improve energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact, we have robust opportunities for you!
Service Tech - Level 5 should know
Advanced solid state controls; oil system safety controls; mechanical sub-cooling; introduction to head pressure control for energy reduction; introduction to energy management systems (EMS); refrigeration rack oil systems; advanced defrost diagnosis and single compressor system start up.
This position is responsible to repair and overhaul refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment to ensure customer needs are met efficiently, accurately and on-time.
- Provides service to the customer base by repairing and overhauling equipment, such as, compressors, water pumps, air handlers, electrical and mechanical control devises in a safe, efficient and timely manner that exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Provides general repair work on refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment, such as, air conditioning units, evaporative condensers, ice machine equipment, water pumps, gas furnaces, compressors and electric motors in a safe and timely manner.
- Provides preventative maintenance activities for customers by diagnosing equipment malfunction and any operating deficiency of the mechanical equipment to ensure quality work performance for the customer base.
- Provides department support by processing job tickets, work orders to the necessary department in a timely manner.
- Provides necessary training to new or less qualified technicians as needed.
- Maintains proper truck inventory continuously, and drives company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of commercial refrigeration, ice machines, gas furnaces, and electrical components.
- Knowledge of single systems, parallel rack systems, display cases and walk-in boxes.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with customers and management.
- Good driving record.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED, course work at an accredited vocational technical or trade school.
- 5 -7 years' experience in commercial refrigeration; ice machines; parallel rack systems and gas furnace required.
- Experience working on refrigeration equipment in convenience and supermarket stores.
Our Employment Benefits Includes
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Credit Union
- 401(k) Match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Technical Training Programs
Pre-employment background screening (criminal, drug screen and DMV) is required for all positions
Service Refrigeration is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.