At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Role: Senior State Tax Analyst
Prepare complex state corporate and partnership income and franchise tax returns, quarterly estimated tax payments, and extension payments. Assists in state audits, calculating state adjustments for tax forecasts, and reconciling state current accounts.
Salaried - Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare of state and local separate, combined and consolidated income and franchise tax returns including multistate apportionment
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments and annual tax extensions based on forecasts.
- Maintain accurate tax fixed asset depreciation schedules (State Book) that are aligned with accounting records. Thorough knowledge of tax depreciation methods, amortization, and dispositions.
- Manage and support state tax audits, including responses to inquiries and correspondence from various tax jurisdiction
- Maintain clear, thorough documentation with supporting tax research for all tax adjustments and complete assignments timely.
- Compilation of state net operating losses.
- Compile documentation for external auditors in conjunction with local audit.
- Complete and document all internal control processes for tax as needed.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE North America.
- Complies with all ENGIE North America policies and procedures.
- Carrie out other duties as assigned.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Active learner who takes pride in high quality work product.
- Organized and responsible in meeting deadlines.
- Solid software skills in Tax Provision and Tax Return software, Word, and Excel.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Bachelor's degree with an accounting major required.
- CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, General Ledger software, Fixed asset tax software, Tax research software and Tax provision and Tax return software. One Source preferred.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
- Posting Date: Dec 3, 2019