The Immunology department at MD Anderson Cancer Center seeks to determine the fundamental cellular and molecular mechanisms of a wide range of processes by which the body recognizes and eliminates pathogens and use these findings to unleash the patient's own immune system against previously treatment-resistant cancers. Treating the immune system rather than the cancer itself, the therapeutics developed are applicable to many cancers.
- Process human blood samples in order isolate peripheral blood
- Process human tissue samples in order to isolate tumor-infiltrating
- Stain peripheral blood mononuclear cells and tumor-infiltrating
lymphocytes for flow cytometry and/or Cytof.
- Conjugates metals to antibodies for CyTof.
- Prepares staining master mix for CyTof or Flow cytometry.
- Operates CyTof machine.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains accurate, detailed records and experimental data and
- Able to work with database, graphing and word processing computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Participates in lab meetings and presents data where necessary.
- Attends annual safety courses required by MDA and other agencies. Handles, stores, and disposes of radioactive isotopes, chemically
hazardous materials, and biohazardous materials in procedure
specified to meet MDA safety guidelines.
- Follows manufacturer's guidelines regarding the handling and
maintenance of all lab equipment. Will have working knowledge of
equipment operation manuals and procedure manuals whenever
- Responsible for ordering reagents and materials when needed.
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Three years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Requisition ID: 131568
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Rotating, Weekends
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 39,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 58,800