The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Provision of Occupational therapy services
Patient Assessment (20%):
- Assess patients' needs by selecting and performing appropriate assessment tools including protocols and procedures aligned with evidence based practice and minimum data set.
- Develop & revise interventions, programs as needed to achieve positive outcomes.
- Identify patient/family communication style. Seek alternate forms of communication with patients, family &/or staff when necessary
- Identifies and implements appropriate outcome measures for patient population to track functional changes and outcomes at initial evaluation and follow up treatments.
Patient Treatment/Quality (20%)
- Identify and initiate evidence based occupational therapy interventions which result in improved/maintained patient functional status
- Able to effectively and efficiently treat a wide variety of diagnoses and conditions.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical reasoning in treatment of all patients.
- Provide patient and family teaching and education
- Demonstrates proficiency in timely, efficient and appropriate ordering of DME
- Delegates and supervises appropriately occupational therapy assistants and rehab techs, including required documentation per Practice Acts.
- Effectively responds to emergencies and / or unsafe situations
Patient Care Documentation (20%)
- Documentation is concise, logical and uses appropriate and approved grammar, spelling and abbreviations.
- Documentation supports billing including Gcodes.
- Completes all documentation per timeline outlined in department policy and as required to optimize patient care and flow.
- Captures charges in accordance with departmental policy
- Documentation integrates and synthesizes all objective data and supports current clinical picture.
Professional Behaviors & Teamwork (15%):
- Functions effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Communicates clinical and logistical information in a timely manner using effective written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrates initiative with all department and institutional policies and procedures and is compliant with timelines when indicated.
Patient Care Workload (15%):
- Meets targets for volume of billable
- Effectively manages workload to balance completion of consults and treatments.
- Effectively initiates communication with supervisor/peers to assist with patient care when there is a need, such as for priority patients in the inpatient and/or outpatient area, as clinically appropriate
Performance Improvement and Quality Leadership (10%):
- Provides clinical leadership in performance improvement, quality initiatives or program development including activities such as:
- Publishing, teaching, and research both within the institution and the community.
- Mentoring new employees or providing integral support in student educational program and educational events within the department as well as the institution.
- Serves as clinical expert, creating standards of care and completing evidenced-based practice reviews.
- Represents the organization in external professional association activities, and/or
Time limited PI or quality projects as negotiated.
- Is thorough and accurate when performing all PI and Quality Leadership activities.
Other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree from accredited School of Occupational Therapy.
Required: Three years of experience as an Occupational Therapist. Current license to practice Occupational Therapy in the state of Texas issued by Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR).
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Requisition ID: 131585
- Employment Status: Part-Time Benefits Eligible
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days, Weekends
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 79,600
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 99,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 119,400
- Science Jobs: No