The Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for counseling and advising students on the various financial aid programs, assists with the administration of one or more federal, state, or institutional financial aid programs, evaluates Financial Aid applications in order to determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs collects data and maintains accurate records.
- Administer financial aid programs, which includes Federal loan programs, Work-Study programs, scholarships and other financial aid programs.
- Counsels and advises students on various financial aid programs and assist with the financial aid application process.
- Reviews applications and determines student eligibility for various financial aid programs.
- Ensures optimal use of financial aid funds by awarding funds from the various college-controlled programs to students in accordance with established federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
- Promotes financial literacy by making group presentations which explain the various financial aid programs, associated application processes, debt management and repayment
- Assists in the preparation of required statistical reports for loans, scholarships, works study, and other financial programs by collecting data and keeping accurate records on programs administered by the Financial Aid Office and by designing and revising forms as appropriate.
- Resolves discrepancies with financial aid disbursements
- Coordinates and monitors work-study positions and placement of students, ensure compliance with federal, state and institutional policies and regulation.
- Coordinates and monitors all facets of the work-study process, including payroll, work authorization, job descriptions, off campus contracts and timesheets.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to individual financial/family issues that may affect financial aid eligibility while respecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience..
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.