Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Continental Europe, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s more than 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Planning Analyst in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX.
It is an exciting time of growth and change for TMHCC. This role offers the opportunity for high visibility to Executive Management, corporate department leadership, and subsidiary business unit leadership. Consequently, it also presents many opportunities for specialization, based on the skills of the individual taking on the role. As TMHCC continues to grow its book of business both organically and by acquisition, this individual as a key member of the Budgeting and Financial Planning team would be responsible for the preparation and documentation of reports, both ad-hoc and periodic, and financial information for use by Executive Management, Board of Directors, regulators, rating agencies, etc.
Additional responsibilities would include developing and enhancing budgeting software, working cross-functionally with technical resources to integrate budgeting software with other enterprise software, and other special projects as assigned; special projects may include but are not limited to those related to Mergers and Acquisitions, Public Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility. This position will report to the Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis in the Budgeting and Financial Planning team. (TMHCC Title: Senior Financial Planning Analyst)
- Budgeting and Forecasting Support (30%): Provide support, guidance and validation for the preparation of the consolidated TMHCC budget and forecast each year. Actively collaborate with subsidiary companies globally to facilitate preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast in addition to resolving subsidiary concerns and challenges as needed. Research, analyze and document budget activities. Review and improve policies and procedures to enhance operational effectiveness. Compile and analyze financial information for management and other stakeholders on a Management Reporting and US GAAP basis.
- Reporting (20%): Collaborate with Business Units and other corporate departments to compile information for Management Reporting and US GAAP consolidated reporting of the budget and forecast. Compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of budget, forecast and actual data. Proactively work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Special Projects (20%): Gather and analyze data for use in the evaluation of Merger, Acquisition and/or Divestiture opportunities as well as assist in the preparation of project deliverables. Gather and analyze data as part of TMHCC’s efforts to support group Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and ensure delivery of accurate and relevant data to stakeholders. Assist in the review and preparation of Public Relations materials, including but not limited to reports, PowerPoint presentations and press releases.
- System development (30%): Facilitate ongoing development and enhancement of features in Oracle PBCS, as well as integration work between Oracle PBCS and other enterprise software. Facilitate testing processes to ensure functionality and accuracy of systems. Monitor Oracle PBCS and other systems as needed to ensure continued data accuracy and integrity. Facilitate transfer of data between Oracle PBCS and other systems.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have from five to ten years of relevant and progressive Finance and/or Accounting experience.
- Insurance or banking experience preferred.
- Understanding of US GAAP and Management Reporting.
- Optimization of work processes. Knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude.
- The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience with enterprise budgeting and planning software such as Oracle PBCS, Oracle Hyperion, SAP, etc.
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.