We are looking for someone to fill a position in our Payment Services Accounting organization. The individual will be responsible for the accounting and analysis within Payment Services segment, with a specific focus on Pulse Operations.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong initiative and diligence, who exhibits the leadership skills necessary to work with multiple levels of management. This person must be comfortable working independently and collaborating within a team environment, and also flexible with the changing demands of the Payment Services business.
Role will focus on Pulse business segment and other related payment activities. Engage with business partners to understand transactions and activities impacting areas of responsibility. Ensure that reports and transactional information is appropriate support for financial reporting, recording in accounting records, inclusion in filings, or making payments. Completion of control activities in support of accurate books and records. Applies independent judgement and decision making in execution of job responsibilities and the appropriate application of Corporate Policy, GAAP, or Regulation as applicable. Will routinely need to make evaluations of facts and circumstances leading to recommendations. Requires managerial guidance or support in advancement of less routine responsibilities. Ensure compliance with corporate and department policies and procedures in performing responsibilities. Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Completes accounting control activities, such as account reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end close review. Each requires gathering the relevant supporting details from source reporting and/or business partners and taking action based on independent review. Role may also require review of work completed by others within team. Must demonstrate subject matter expertise and ability to routinely apply judgement of the facts and circumstances presented.
- Performs monthly close routine in support of responsibilities within the team assigned. This may include attending specific meetings and sharing information regarding variances.
- May also include completion of financial reporting schedules or entries specific to the business unit.
- Provides financial reporting, audit, and compliance support by satisfying all request timely and accurately with requested information.
- Represents role in cross-functional teams to support the advancement of priorities in areas of responsibility, new business initiatives and/or resolution of production events, the scopes of which may evolve over time and be long-term in nature.
- Manages the flow of transactions through various internal and external systems as well as support related system testing and requirements gathering testing efforts. Ensures such transactions are appropriately reflected to support accurate financial reporting.
- Identifies and implements control improvements and process efficiencies relating to role, supporting automation and a stronger control environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.