The Research Data Coordinator will work closely with assigned research staff to provide support to Radiation Oncology clinical research trials by organizing, collecting, recording and maintaining clinical data in an accurate and timely manner. The position will provide all necessary support for the coordination and execution of research studies in the Department of Radiation Oncology.
- Develops and maintains system for controlling paper and electronic data flow for protocols and hospital policies, including records of surgery, pathology information, laboratory results, treatment dates, follow-up schedules, etc. Prepares research folder for patients enrolled, assuring organization and timely addition of source documents as needed.
- Ensures effective identification and recruitment of patients through regular, timely, appropriate screening, and consenting to and creating on/off study notes for minimal-risk protocols (e.g. “PA“ or “LAB“ studies) as assigned.
- Consent patients to minimal risk protocols.
- Prepares adequate supply of patient-ready packets per protocol as needed.
- Develops (or assists as needed) and maintains detailed Excel spreadsheets and databases for the collection of research data, to include tracking, data entry, accrual, data auditing and screening log. Informs research staff and/or physician of missing or inconsistent research data; ensures that all research data is accurate, updated, and consistent with protocol and institutional policies
- Registers protocol patients into and maintains patient status in MOSAIQ and CORe per departmental Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and per institutional standard practice.
- Responsible for completion and/or submission of data forms, dosimetry, films, treatment records, surgery and pathology information. May require collaboration with other interdepartmental groups (i.e., Dosimetry, Physics, Pathology) or intradepartmental groups (i.e., medical oncology, surgery, etc.).
- Maintains contact with other institutions participating in studies and coordinates submission of the data (e.g. RTOG/NRG, IND, other multi-center protocol forms).
- Ensures follow-up appointments. Initiates patient-specific research follow-up by completing the Order Set in EPIC/OneConnect, entering protocol number and following SOP for entering protocol-required assessments/orders (visits, labs, imaging studies, etc.) required for next visit.
- Assists as needed with administration, distribution and collection of patient questionnaires (e.g. QoL, MDASI) and pick-up and delivery of research-related laboratory specimens, to include mailing of specimens if needed.
- Communicates clearly in oral and written communications and face-to-face encounters with institutional, outside personnel, and patients using appropriate terminology (i.e. medical) as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of information and reports for study chair as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of data used for grant submissions, progress reports, manuscripts, presentations and abstracts by cleaning and entering data in data management programs in a timely fashion.
- Provides training and preceptor training as needed.
- Attends and participates in departmental activities and initiatives.
- Assist in preparation for research audits, monitoring visits or other quality assurance activities.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a science related field.
Required: Two years of related experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Requisition ID: 131395
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 33,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 49,800