At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Registered Nurse II-Home Health/Hospice with the collaboration of physician and healthcare team is responsible for planning, organizing and directing a care plan for home health or hospice patient care.
- Full time, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, rotating weekends as needed
- North Region covers: Willis, Conroe, Woodlands, Spring, Magnolia, Champion Forest
- Texas RN license and BLS required
- 1+ years RN experience required
- Home Health experience preferred
- Must have reliable car and car insurance
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current, unrestricted State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications will be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One or more (1+) years of nursing experience in area of intended practice
- Ability to travel to patient homes and in-patient facilities as assigned
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health“ through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers appropriate care to patients, at a competent level, according to the RN skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served and environments served.
- Coordinates the planning for delivery of nursing care with a multidisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates and directs healthcare team in attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence and professional standards of care. Meets treatment goals; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans; evaluates the quality of patient care and contributes to the revision of standards of care.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.