Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
A Project Manager (PM) will help build and maintain a portfolio of single-family homes, create and maintain the high standard set for our finished rental products and flips, and manage all construction projects in assigned region. The responsibilities will include initial renovation, rent ready oversight, and quality control. This position will manage construction teams, real estate brokers, and field professionals.
What You Will Do:
- Work with vendors, suppliers, and agents on tracking individual projects and ensure the timely completion.
- Maintain status reports to track daily/ weekly/ monthly systems. The PM is responsible for the accuracy of reporting in the company’s systems.
- Write scopes of work including labor, materials, workmanship, timing, final product, and quality control.
- Take part in all training as it relates to the project management process.
- Provide operational support related to scheduling, budgeting, and quality control.
- Coordinate municipality occupancy inspections, when needed, and facilitate final repairs to obtain approval for occupancy.
- Collaborate with the acquisitions team to ensure that efficient and accurate underwriting takes place.
- Review and approve invoices from vendors and General Contractors.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager.
What You Bring With You:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years’ experience in residential construction or residential property maintenance (apartment or single family).
- Reliable transportation at all times and the ability to drive 1-2 hours locally to view and inspect properties.
- 3+ years’ experience managing contractors and sub-contractors.
- Having a Home Inspector’s license is not required, but desired.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, along with a “customer service“ attitude.
- Strong computer software and hardware skills.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off and sick days
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.