In this position, you will be responsible for a variety of advanced project and administrative functions for the Houston Office Managing Partner, Audit Partners and staff. This position reports directly to the Office Manager with some interaction with Marketing and Business Development. This includes, but is not limited to routinely developing presentations and advanced spreadsheets, managing multiple projects involving complex and confidential data, and providing guidance and assistance to others on the team.
- Provides administrative and project support to Office Managing Partner (OMP), Audit partners and staff
- Creates presentations, place mats and other materials using PowerPoint
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Creates proposals with the aid of firm style tools
- Acts as backup to centralized report processors
- Assist audit staff with engagement letters and confirmations
- Provides account management to Audit partners and managers in areas such as tracking growth opportunities, meetings and client/industry research
- Assists OMP in preparing and maintaining project plans, including documentation, budgets, implementation, training, communication for projects derived line of business, office location, region and/or firm initiatives
- Maintain client information in multiple computer applications, organizational systems: electronic and paper
- Serve as a back-up to other administrative assistants as well as rotating coverage to the reception desk
- Serves as a resource or “go to” for staff questions regarding office policies and procedures
- Process and submit monthly expenses through Remote Time and Expense (RTE) system
- Schedule meetings, including site selection, travel arrangements, preparing/distribution meeting materials, developing presentation, agendas, and tracking meeting attendance. May attend meetings as required by project and/or assignment.
- Exercising independent judgement and discretion regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Initiate, develop and maintain communication with internal and external clients and vendors as appropriate.
- Calendar management, travel/event planning, meeting/conference arrangements (food, hotel, rooming lists)
- Types general correspondence and designs templates for memos, charts, tables, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes where necessary. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Works independently and within a team on special and non-recurring / ongoing projects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office 2013 skills essential
- Ability to prepare presentations including charts, graphics, tables, speaker notes, prepare handouts, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (spelling, grammar, sentence structure and punctuation)
- Effective organization and time management skills, follow procedures, improve efficiency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities as necessary to meet deadlines
- Flexible demeanor, pro-active thinker, positive attitude, maintains confidentiality
- Ability to proofread for accuracy and finalize documents professionally, strong attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, ask appropriate questions and complete tasks independently
- Ability to handle stress while operating with a sense of urgency and using good judgment
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off for these positions, matching 401(k), flexible hours and a challenging, professional work environment.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.