Reference Code: 61321
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX
Job Category: Project Services
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 12/06/2019
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We're proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We're looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our US Natural Gas Pipeline team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Houston, Texas.
We are seeking a Project Controller who has knowledge and experience in providing detailed capital project cost support, including trending, variance analysis, forecasting of the project, and tracking of approved changes to ensure monitoring and controlling of the project budget.
What you'll do
- Review and analyze committed, expended, and forecasted costs for each WBS level against approved budget and approved changes
- Coordinate with Project Team to review data to ensure commitments, schedule requirements, and risk items are accurately represented in the project forecast
- Analyze the basis of the established budget; identify the original work scope and observe any potential variance from the estimate throughout project life-cycle
- Prepare cost reports; ensure variances, incurred, committed, and forecasted costs are properly explained and communicated to the project team
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and team to define construction cost tracking based on purchase order terms ensuring proper link with schedule
- Track use of contingency, management reserve, and approved changes to project budget
- Analyze, track, and report project (or contract specific) financial KPIs, and communicate their status to the project team
- Contribute to and implement Project Delivery requirements (i.e. PDS, TOMS and any applicable TransCanada Project Delivery requirement.)
- Participate in project meetings when required; gather, prepare, and analyze data for Quantitative or Qualitative Risk Assessments; ensure risk information is incorporated into the project forecast
- Resolve unexpected items or inaccuracies in forecast data
- Support the Project Manager by providing financial reporting requirements for bidding, during contract selection and administration of the contracts as required
- Perform Final Cost Reconciliation
- Secure records properly and in compliance with TransCanada's requirements
- Identify opportunities for improvement to forecasting and other project cost control methodologies and document as lessons learned
- Maintain high level of focus on health, safety, and environment
- Bachelor's degree or graduation from a technical college, with four or more years of related experience
- Experienced with Excel spreadsheets, word processing and database software, proficient in use of PC, willingness to use and learn current and future systems/applications
- Knowledgeable and experienced with cost engineering principles and methods including budgeting and forecasting, change management, management systems/procedures, Cost and Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Systems and contingency management
- Experience with Microsoft Desktop software, Windows, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge and some experience with project and portfolio management processes, policies and principles
- Written, verbal, presentation and electronic communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the Project Controls and Project Management organization effectively
- Maintains on going, positive presence with project team members, other stakeholders, and outside entities, i.e. Construction Contractors, vendors, through professional communications; able to work toward resolution of situations with all parties
- Ability to analyze project cost data/status and to communicate those findings to Project Management;
- Working knowledge of how to assess the relationship between cost and schedule data; communicates that assessment to Project Management, supervisors, and other members of the Project Team
- Working knowledge of how to recognize and evaluate risks, hazards, losses and their cost impact;
- Working knowledge of the principles of version control and the change management processes
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Provides high level of quality of cost reports and forecasts
- Experience with SAP
- Accounting or Cost Control Experience
About our Business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 92,600-kilometre (57,500-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent's growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 12/06/2019 using reference code 61321. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Accounting, Engineer, ERP, Supply, SAP, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Operations