Principal Consultant, Rightangle - 4238
The ION Commodities Client Services Team is a global group of experienced Functional, Technical and Project Management consulting professionals who collaborate closely with all areas of the organization, and our customers.
Principal Consultants serve as key team members on software implementation projects and are responsible for providing industry and functional expertise relation to our solution. This is a customer facing position and significant travel is required (post pandemic).
- Provide industry and functional advice and troubleshooting in the discovery workshop, design, implementation, testing, and production support of the Product solution for the client’s business needs.
- Present the Product solution to client users.
- Support the deliverables of the technical consultants by providing business and functional guidance, review, testing, and validation of scripted solutions (reports, plugins, and interfaces).
- Consult with client users to determine business requirements and work processes to be addressed by one or more areas of the Product solution.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge in one or more areas of Product configuration and in one or more energy commodities.
- Provide guidance to Business Consultants in one or more functional areas of the Product solution.
- Assist with professional services best practices as directed by line manager.
- Assume hands-on project implementation duties in all phases of the Product implementation, reporting to the Project Manager.
- Gather and document business requirements, configuration designs, test plans/results, and any other deliverables required by the project as determined by the Project Manager and Lead Business Consultant.
- Adhere to implementation best practices in one or more functional areas of the solution in all functional design, specifications, custom coding, and unit testing deliverables.
- Follow documentation standards and resolution process flow for all deliverables.
- Maintain full chargeability on client account(s) as assigned.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, or a related IT field or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Specific Rightangle E/CTRM experience in a product management of professional services capacity.
- Significant experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry or relevant consulting implementation experience.
- Ability to work as part of a project team structure.
- Potential to lead and desire to become a leader of the consulting team while on projects.
- Capability to present demos to client users during the project.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Consultative, creative, problem-solving approach.
- Superior inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time (post COVID).
Preferred (one or more of the following)
- Familiarity of Accounting GAAP rules.
- Knowledge of mapping Account coding with the General ledger.
- Understanding of Balance Sheet, Financial Statements and Chart of Accounts.
- Knowledge of Inventory Valuation methodologies.
- Understanding of Motor Fuels tax, VAT, and other tax applications within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Deep understanding of financial instruments used in the Refined Products, Crude, and NGLs businesses.
- Ability to design and implement complicated curves (Forward and Market) for pricing and valuation.
- Knowledge of MTM, Exposure and PNL reporting for ETRM
- Experience in VAR, Greeks and Stress testing.
ION Corporates is the global leader in providing mission critical Treasury and Commodities solutions. ION Corporates serves a community of over 80,000 users and 2,000 or the world’s leading corporations. Our customers include blue chip names such as Disney, Salesforce, Procter and Gamble, Coca-Cola, Chanel, UPS, BP, Uniper, Bank of England, ECB, Tesco, Etihad, McDonalds and many more. Our solutions help customers manage over $1.2 trillion cash, $2.2 trillion in central bank reserves and process over 50% of the world’s physical energy trading. ION Corporates features 7 treasury platforms and 5 commodity management platforms, giving our customers choice and flexibility. ION Corporate also has over 20 complimentary products and modules, innovating several new products each year. The business has over $2bn investment since 2011 and has over 1,700 expert staff driving success every day. We seek talented Sales Executives to build pipeline and close business.