Areas of Interest: Accounting; Audit; Bank Operations; HRIS; Human Resources; Institutional/401(K) Services; Internal Audit; Payroll; Tax; Wealth Management; Wealth Management Operations
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states – Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The Plan Services Specialist I is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of plans assigned within the group, which typically includes retirement plans of varying levels of complexity, size and relationship sensitivity. Although the position operates within defined policies and procedures, this position has significant decision making authority and responsibility.
OPEN TO ALL BOKF MARKETS
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all daily and cyclical activities in compliance with applicable regulations, tax laws and the governing plan document specific to each retirement plan including reconciliation, allocation of participant and employer contributions, loan payments, income, forfeitures and fees. Issues new loans and distributions. Produces and quality controls reporting and participant statements. Generates special client reporting as needed or requested using Omni Script . Specialists handling Tier I and II plans are typically assigned 18-24 plans and must be proficient in processing specialized activities required by SDO's, restricted assets, unitized assets, and managed funds, asset allocation models and share accounting. Specialists handling Tier II and III plans, which may also involve some of the above duties, are expected to handle all activity for 25-45 plans. The Specialist I will carry a volume of plan assignments while meeting or exceeding heightened service level agreements with a high level of accuracy.
- Researches and resolves any cash or asset exceptions. Investigates and responds to inquiries from Reconciliation, Participant Service Group, or the Relationship Management team regarding problems, complaints or request for special handing and/or reporting. Suggests specific changes to Client Plan Services or the Relationship Management team to create efficiencies for processing to help implement ways to better meet the needs of our clients with reduced potential errors. Re-amortizes participant loans as required to accommodate rate changes, military leave, and sponsor withholding errors. Responds to requests from internal auditors for historical transaction information and documentation.
- Assists other specialists in order to provide efficient processing to meet our service level agreements and also to maintain familiarity with other team members' processing requirements. Each specialist serves as a back-up for one or more Specialists to ensure cross-coverage and plan knowledge to better assist in daily processing. Identifies issues, tracking and reporting progress to department manager. Works closely with RPS Support to transition new clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of employee benefit laws and regulations as they relate to participant activity processing in defined contribution plans
- Working knowledge and understanding of recordkeeping and trust accounting system functionality
- Advanced reconciliation and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data in order to solve problems within framework of plan documents and government regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to deal with Relationship Managers and client contacts in a professional and effective manner
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to improve functional efficiency, streamline and improve methodology. Demonstrated ability to handle significant fluctuations in volumes while meeting extremely stringent timeframes
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Omni Plus, Trust Net applications and Omni Script
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field and 4-5 years experience in a payroll or trust environment; or equivalent work experience of 8-9 years. Payroll or benefits experience is strongly preferred.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
TOP 3 REASONS TO APPLY
Investing in our talent and building a great workplace is a top priority for us.
- Empowered employees
- Award-winning culture
- Community commitment
ABOUT BOK FINANCIAL
BOK Financial is an award-winning $46 billion regional financial services company and one of the top 30 banks in the U.S, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
We seek to continually foster and support the principles and values of our company by promoting an environment that is inclusive of the diverse values, opinions, experience, culture and needs of our employees, clients and communities.
- 5,100 employees
- 28 years of financial profitability
- $79+ billion assets under management and administration
- $5.8 million in charitable contributions in 2019 and $86 million since the start of the BOKF Foundation in 1998
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, HR, Payroll, Information Systems, Finance, Human Resources, Technology
Apply now “