Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke's Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. Our heart program does over 2000 perfusion related cases annually including Cardio-pulmonary bypass, TAVI's, ECMO, OCS Lung Transports, HIPEC's, Robotic MVR's and Op-Cab's.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive benefits. Our benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Assess, plan and implement the patient care requirements and treatment necessary for ECMO, HIPEC, Cell Savers and cardiopulmonary bypass/assistance before, during or after surgery. Operate the heart/lung machine, ECMO machine, Heated Chemo machine and Cell Saver machine to support the patient
- Appropriately assess patient profile and manage Cardio Pulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Use appropriate equipment/supplies and monitor data based on patient profile (age, condition, procedure)
- Appropriately communicate with open-heart team personnel during procedures
- Recognize and resolve variances and abnormal situations that may arise
- Utilize all available safety devices during cardiopulmonary bypass as per departmental policy
- Demonstrate appropriate clinical vigilance and awareness before, during and after cardiopulmonary bypass
Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Licensed Perfusionist in the state of Texas
- Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion. New grads tenure contingent on passing ABCP exam
- None Required
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: