JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Gross Description of patient tissue specimens
- Performs gross examination, dissection and sampling of biopsy specimens and selected uncomplicated resection tissue specimens from patients.
- Dictates the gross description of specimens and patient medical history into the pathology dictation system.
- Selects and submits selected specimens for microbiological tests, molecular tests and other specialized testing or specimen banking.
Histology Lab Support
- Provides support for histology laboratory functions, including, but not limited to, frozen section preparation and procurement of digital images of specimens and X-ray acquisition of specimens.
- Participates in quality improvement activities in the Department of Pathology.
Bachelors degree in allied health or related science field. One year of experience grossing human tissue specimens. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Requisition ID: 126919
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 50,800
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 63,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 76,200