Orion GN&C Simulation Engineer (ADV00036M) & (ADV00036N) - ERC
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Check us out on ERC.US
The Orion GN&C Simulation Engineer will join our team with ERC, a JETS teammate company.
What you’ll do all day:
- Simulation model development and validation (for support of GN&C algorithm development and the other analyses)
- Simulation scenario development and maintenance
- Data analysis and data preparation and presentation of results
- On-site support of pilot-in-the-loop work and studies
- Supporting the GN&C algorithm developers in setting up simulations and debugging
- EDGE graphics support (model development and integration with Ramtares simulation)
- Directly interact with the NASA customers, along with various NASA support contractors, during technical meetings and working groups
- Perform other duties as required
Skills and experience should demonstrate:
- Experience developing GN&C based simulation models
- Ability to code (Cpp, Python, Simulink) and implement simulation architecture updates
- Experience with Linux, C/C++ and Python
- General GN&C knowledge to debug model (sensor, dynamics, etc) and FSW performance
- Simulation data analysis (take simulation data from a set of analysis runs and develop/present informative deliverable)
- EDGE graphics model development (CAD, Blender, etc)
- EDGE simulation interface development (edge keys, relative nav overlays, etc)
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various contractor employees
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science and four (4) years of progressive experience, or Ph.D. degree in a computer of system science discipline
- Experience with TRICK/JEOD simulation architecture
- Expertise with the Ramtares and Antares simulation environments
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink/Stateflow toolboxes
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- MS in Aerospace Engineering
- Basic understanding of spacecraft dynamics and operations (RPOD) experience
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.