Medical Group In Home Specialist - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Community Paramedic
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
“We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.“
In addition to starting a new health plan, Devoted Health, Inc has launched Devoted Medical Group (DMG), an innovative, world-class, virtual and home-based care program in Arizona, Florida, Ohio, and Texas with plans to expand that care for patients in their home. The purpose of DMG is to provide all the care that our patients need that is not currently available between a member’s PCP and the hospital. This includes care for frail, older adults who can’t always make it in to see their doctor, patients recently discharged from the hospital, and patients who have gaps in their care or have not seen a PCP recently. We need a medical technician to help our members close clinical gaps that are unable to be addressed via virtual care.
Responsibilities will include:
- Practice Operations
- Complete in-home clinical activities such as PAD, spirometry, and retinopathy screenings, monofilament tests, phlebotomy, and home safety and fall risk assessments to support member care unavailable via tele-health
- System support - ensuring our clinician team has the data they need to view holistic health status of members and complete follow ups to ensure patients receive the highest quality care.
- Support a scrappy, positive, quality-committed team culture.
- Workflow design and implementation - continuously find opportunities for efficiency or efficacy improvements and work with partners internal to Devoted to push for better patient and provider experiences and outcomes.
- Health Plan Partnership
- Engage with cross-functional team across health plan to understand Clinical goals and service needs.
- Work with DMG leadership team to design, test, and implement service lines to meet these needs, measure resulting contribution to health plan, and iterate to maximize value.
- Clinician Support
- Check in with providers after visits to receive feedback and followups
- Manage clinical followup items on behalf of providers, ensuring that patient care is coordinated and seamless
- Communicate frequently with team members and leadership; ensure all followup tasks are closed out
Attributes to success:
- You're an entrepreneurial self-starter able to help take a new house-call business from it’s early stages to a multi-state organization supporting thousands of patients
- You have excellent attention to detail and follow through, ensuring no patient’s need gets left behind
- You excel at solving complex problems but you’re also very happy to take a “to do” list, roll up your sleeves, and get these tasks done
- You are aware of what you know and are able to ask for help when you don’t
- You have a passion for making healthcare better; supporting the delivery of care that we would want for your own family members
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, growing organization
- You are committed to continuous improvement, and live by the credo “practice makes better”
Desired skills and experience
- Ability to work in a startup, fast-paced environment
- Relentless attention to detail in managing care follow ups for our patients
- 3+ years experience as a certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic
- Preferred 2+ years experience with phlebotomy
- Ability to engage with stakeholders (patients, colleagues, and clinicians from the organization) from a variety of backgrounds, organizational levels and cultures
- Willingness to travel daily to our member homes (within 45 miles of your home)
- Extra interest in bilingual Spanish speakers or experience engaging across various cultures
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.