RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
Marine Technician - Missouri City, TX -based
The Marine technician will work with specialized marine and oceanographic instrumentation systems in marine conditions, including on-board ships and offshore rigs. Individual contributor role with no day-to-day supervisory responsibility but may be designated lead on projects and duties as required.
· Testing, setup, installation, retrieval and maintenance of oceanographic instrumentation systems.
· Works independently and without supervision and may have responsibility for executing a scope of work.
· Domestic and international work in offshore, coastal and inland marine environments is required.
· Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management, including pre/post project mobilization/demobilization procedures.
· Strong preference for mechanical or technical experience/aptitude in offshore environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, TRAINING
- Technical school training and High School graduate preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and without supervision, and within a team environment
- Work schedule: not set but general work schedule could be 30% offshore; 70% onshore and could deploy offshore with little notice.
- Must be OK working in a marine environment including offshore rigs, supply vessels, research vessels and helicopter travel to and from.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude preferred. Not looking for an engineer just mechanical/electrical common sense.
- Some heavy lifting will be required and a ‘fit for duty’ physical will be required for this role.
- Technology: Very comfortable with computers – not looking for a programmer or tech; generally, anyone today is computer savvy.
- Coast Guard, Navy or any military or seismic experience preferred.
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.