Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Logistics Specialist.
This position is responsible for the global logistical support for all projects executed by GEMTE. From time to time, support is provided to other groups. The position encompasses the development of logistics estimates, creating execution strategies, feasibility studies, logistics risk management (including insurances), and freight forecasting. In addition, sourcing of logistic services, which includes all modes of transport, warehousing, export packing, freight forwarding, and interfacing with our global compliance teams to ensure APCI is CTPAT compliant throughout our supply chain. The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the execution of the logistics activities. (Reference TRN0411, Rev.4). A sense of urgency and ownership are requirements of the position.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Budgeting, planning, and execution of all logistic activities for each project assigned. The logistics specialist is responsible for the safe delivery of all equipment and materials in accordance with project budget and schedule. The incumbent will use the Material Control work process and associated tools via Smart Plant Materials. Additional responsibilities include creation of shipping invoices, packing lists and other customs related documents.
- Develop logistics budget per project
- Create logistics strategy
- Execute in accordance with logistics strategy, delivering all equipment safely, in good condition, on time, on budget
- Forecast on monthly basis
- Ensure all activities are within compliance of government regulations
- Use the Material Control work process and associated tools
- Utilize Smart Plant system to manage materials from origin to final destination
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiating skills
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with internal and external customers
- Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills
- Ability to bring teams together to resolve issues and achieve targets and goals
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies and procurement work processes and solutions
- Sense of ownership and urgency
- 5 years' experience in international and domestic project logistics
- Education in a technical or business field
- Logistics-focused B.S. degree preferred
- Strong knowledge in project logistics, with expertise in shipping heavy, over-dimensional cargo
- Strong knowledge of incoterms 2010 and international trade experience
- Strong communication, project management, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- SAP, Microsoft office knowledge, Smart Plant Materials
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
To learn more, visit About Air Products
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
North America - Exempt