Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become a top 10 U.S. public homebuilder, and in 2018 we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies. How did we get here? By focusing on our buyers, working side by side with each one to build a home that achieves their goals and fulfills their dreams. To remain an industry leader, we need passionate self-starters, changemakers and thoughtful collaborators. Just as our motto is A Home for Every Dream™, we’re committed to finding the right candidate for every dream job.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position). If you’re interested in a career with Century Communities, we’d love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a top-notch Land professional to join our Houston team!
The Land Development Manager assists the Vice President with the land entitlement and land development function for the company. The Land Development Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of land development projects to achieve quality, timing and budget specifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of land development infrastructure construction through successful delivery of finished lots to the Construction Department.
- Work with and manage consultants to create land development schedules and budgets.
- Manage land development schedules and budgets to ensure on-time delivery of lots in accordance with the Division’s business plan.
- Manage Municipal Utility District (MUD) Process, including Finance and Development Agreement and MUD Reimbursement Process to funding.
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for scope of work with subcontractors and field consultants as necessary.
- Regularly review all active development projects to verify work in progress and contractor activity.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy by enforcing OSHA safety requirements; traffic and dust control standards; and SWPPP control BMP’s.
- Communicate and enforce safety regulations and job standards on all construction sites to laborers and sub-contractors.
- Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill; pipe; storm drains; concrete and amenity construction.
- Coordinate the inspection process in cooperation with site contractors to schedule municipal and utility inspectors.
- Interact daily with various departments of the company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants, and jurisdictional agency representatives.
- Maintain project files and records.
- Manage Community Start-Up and Turnover Process from Land to Sales and Construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of heavy civil construction practices.
- Must be able to read construction documents, surveys, and technical reports to maintain quality control and oversee all aspects of construction including grading, storm drain, underground utilities and paving infrastructure.
- Ability to prioritize projects, plan and execute to meet deadlines and organize workflow.
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work and act independently, and seek assistance or consult with more senior construction personnel when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with all levels within the organization, dissatisfied customers, outside vendors, subcontractors, and laborers.
- Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and customer concerns in a positive manner.
- A high degree of professionalism, integrity, tact, and ability to influence others.
- Team player; ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Takes initiative; proactively addresses problems with regards to product or process.
- Analytical with the ability to give, receive, and analyze information to make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- 3-6 years of land development/infrastructure construction experience with increasing levels of project oversight experience preferred.
- BA/BS preferred.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Works outside in extreme weather conditions requires walking, climbing, standing and/or sitting for long periods. Position may require heavy lifting using appropriate safety equipment. Requires the use of safety glasses and boots.