With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
We are looking for honest, reliable, and hard-working housekeeping support agents to keep Sonder Houston running smoothly! We rely on our houseperson to support the housekeeping staff, so they are fully supplied and can work efficiently. This ensures that each guest’s experience is of the highest quality!
Role: Housekeeping Support Agent
Rate: $15 per hour + mileage
Expectation: Part-time with the opportunity to become full-time
Requirement: This position requires the use of a personal vehicle: SUV, truck or van
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Maintain housekeeping consumable supplies, linen, and terry
- Prepare kits, sort and inventory housekeeping supplies
- Deliver linen and consumable kits to guest units or storage areas distributed throughout the city
- Strip beds, retrieve soiled linen/terry from guest units or storage areas
- Stock and organize distributed storage areas throughout the city
- Perform basic maintenance tasks as needed on a daily basis such as but not limited to: light bulb changes, snake drains, replace batteries (door locks, tv remotes, thermostats), furniture checks, air & water filter changes and paint touch ups
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
- Perform deep cleaning tasks such as but not limited to: moving of furniture, flipping mattresses and high dusting
- Ensure lobbies, office spaces, guest hallways, fitness centers, elevators, public restrooms, parking garages, stairwells, loading docks and the back of the house areas are cleaned according to Sonder standards
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, adhere to scheduling and maintain regular attendance
- Conduct special projects or assignments
- Use mobile smartphone/applications/technology to communicate with the team and report progress
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A professional with a positive attitude, who has the ability to work effectively both in a team environment as well as independently
- Previous housekeeping or inventory management experience preferred
- Openness to learn and use new technology, specifically mobile applications, to streamline job processes and communicate work progress
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend
- Ability to lift, push, and pull required load (up to 75 lbs)
- This position requires a vehicle, valid Driver’s License, clean driving record, and proof of insurance
We offer great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Discretionary vacation/ Paid vacation and sick time
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- Monthly culture budget: join your fellow colleagues for a monthly get together
A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Depending on your location, we also offer:
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Daily catered lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.