Gateway VSM Software Engineer (ADV00040W) & (ADV00040Y) - ERC
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on ERC.US
The Gateway VSM Software Engineer will join our team with ERC, Inc., a Jacobs Engineering teammate company.
What you’ll do all day:
- Perform systems engineering for an integrated software control system
- Analyze and document Mission Management system data needs for the data-driven control
- Collaborate with domestic and international Gateway partners
- Interface with NASA and spacecraft designer engineering teams
- Perform lower-level software testing and verification
- Develop detailed knowledge of overall Gateway and individual spacecraft module designs through design evolution
- Work in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, collaboration, and coordination skills.
- Perform other duties as required
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- C/C++ coding in a Linux environment
- Experience developing integrated data models for applications
- Experience with data driven software systems
- Experience with either: - Autonomous or remotely controlled systems (e.g., used in satellites, autonomous cars, or unmanned aerial vehicles), OR
- Software development for aerospace vehicles, e.g., Space Shuttle, International Space Station, Commercial Crew Vehicles, or Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle
- Experience with web-based collaboration tools
- Must be willing to relocate to JSC area immediately
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Experience with software verification and validation processes
- Strong evidence of success in highly collaborative projects/environments
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced environments
- Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment
- Possess strong technical expertise combined with verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic
- Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills
- Excellent communicator, particularly written communication and visual diagram creation
- Scripting languages such as Python.
- Agile software development.
- NASA Gateway Spacecraft systems and software including the Core Flight System (CFS) software infrastructure.
- NASA software and systems development standards.
- MS Teams
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.