Gateway Avionics Lab Specialist (ADV000410) & (ADV000411) - ERC
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on ERC.US
The Gateway Avionics Lab Specialist will join our team with ERC, Inc., a Jacobs Engineering teammate company.
What you’ll do all day:
- Maintain and update spacecraft avionics lab hardware and software
- Validate C&DH subsystem requirements
- Validate spacecraft network interface requirements
- Configure and troubleshoot development hardware and software with limited documentation
- Identifying bugs, and work with the product vendor to reproduce resolve
- Organize and manage multiple priorities
- Communicate and demonstrate progress to management
- Perform other duties as required
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer networking technology especially at Layer 2
- Experience architecting Computer Networks and using Network Management Tools
- Familiarity with Network Troubleshooting Techniques
- Experience with a Scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with IEEE802.3 (Ethernet) standards
- Familiarity with Linux systems, programming with C/C++
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Avionic network systems design and development (electrical or software)
- Experience with Realtime embedded programing with C/C++ in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with VxWorks RTOS
- Experience with socket programing
- Familiarity with Git or other similar configuration management/version control systems
- Familiar with commercial products available in computer networking technology
- Familiarity with Time-Triggered Ethernet (TTE) (SAE AS6802) and AFDX (ARINC 664p7)
- Familiarity with AFDX (ARINC 664p7)
- Experience with BASH scripting
- Hardware cabling standards
- Experience with spacecraft avionics and circuit design or analysis is a plus
- Previous experience in the application of computer network technology in space systems
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.