Financial Analyst II – Group Benefits Inforce Management Team
As a Financial Analyst II on our Group Insurance Inforce Management team, you’ll work with pricing, underwriting, and distribution teams on our renewal strategy. You’ll gain exposure to ALL of Principal's group insurance products and produce the tools and information necessary for our business partners to deliver successful renewal outcomes.
Here are few examples of what you would do day to day:
- Use a combination of SAS, Access and Excel models to calculate and publish renewal rate changes on over 13,000 lines of coverage each month.
- Build various tools or reports to help execute on our renewal strategy successfully.
- Help to automate and improve processes. You’ll look for consistencies among products and help convert more processes to SAS.
- Various projects to gain insights on our block of business: What causes customers to lapse? How is our strategy resonating with customers of different sizes? Etc.
This position provides wonderful exposure to our group benefits business, as it touches many product lines and several business areas. In this role, you’ll collaborate with an outstanding team and get to see the impact you can make on our customers and financial results.
- Bachelor's degree in math, actuarial science, statistics, finance or equivalent experience required.
- 1+ year of relevant experience.
- Advance experience working with Excel
- Experience working with SAS and Access is preferred.
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Ability to work fluidly within a team
- Capability to own tasks, projects and processes
- Eye for operational improvement and automation
- Strategic thinking skills
- Problem solving capabilities using mathematical skillset
- Ability to create simple programs or build financial models
- Ability to gather, organize, and analyse data for making business decisions
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$49300 - $114000 / year
This role offers the ability for in-office, hybrid (blending both office and remote work in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements. You’ll work with your leader to determine which option may align best based on several factors.
We’ll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag