Financial Aid Advisor
Are you looking for a rewarding position with excellent benefits, vacation pay, and holiday pay?
Tulsa Welding School & Technology Center is currently seeking a Financial Aid Advisor. In this rewarding position, you will provide guidance, advice, and assistance to current and prospective students and parents regarding the financial aid application.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. In addition, you will receive holiday pay and two weeks of paid time off during the year, to start. This is an immediate position for the right candidate who possesses the experience and skills necessary.
In the Financial Aid Advisor role, you will:
- Provide exemplary customer service by responding to all inquiries regarding financial aid programs and eligibility in a timely manner
- Interview applicants and request specified information regarding financial aid program requirements and procedures
- Counsel and advise students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, indebtedness, money management and financial planning and individualize information to the particular needs and situation of the student
- Accept financial aid applications and forms; review for completeness and accuracy; and verify information reported on student applications to determine eligibility for awards
- Interpret, apply and comply with federal, state and institutional regulations governing student financial aid
- Maintain current working knowledge of guidelines/regulations related to financial aid
- Maintain a close working relationship with Admissions, as well as all other institutional departments
- Associate's degree in related field and minimum two years of Financial Aid or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Established customer service background
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal history check and drug test.