The primary purpose of the Executive Assistant is to serve as an assistant to the Associate Vice President (AVP), Chief of Police and Chief Security Officer at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support of a complex nature handling highly confidential information and maintains its confidential state, facilitating meetings and administrative activities led by the AVP, prioritizes and exhibits flexibility in organizing time sensitive meetings involving the AVP. The position positively impacts management of the business affairs, operations and administration of the AVP office.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Acts independently as an assistant to an executive, handling highly confidential correspondence and information.
- Schedule, prioritize and maintain calendar, travel itinerary, meetings/conferences, maintain confidential files, create and maintain appropriate filing systems, prepare meeting agendas for meetings led or involving the AVP/CSO.
- Receive, place, screen and transfer calls using appropriate telephone etiquette; respond to telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy and respect for confidentiality.
- Compose formal and informal correspondence and documents, create, edit and format presentations and compile reports, creating graphics, charts and tables as needed.
Human Resources Functions
- Coordinate educational programs, complex conferences and workshops as needed.
- Maintain complex confidential departmental records and filing systems.
- Compile data and prepare reports as needed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Serve as the time-keeper for the AVP/CSO's direct reports.
- Review timecards weekly and manually enters edits in Kronos.
- Process and make travel arrangements, reimbursements, license renewals, etc.
- Enter information in electronic purchase requisition system ensuring compliance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Assist with department policy changes, compliance and reports.
- Ensure that all expenditures are processed according to institutional guidelines.
- Plan, organize and coordinate special functions/events including on/off site departmental functions, employee recognition and education programs, including but not limited to planning, coordinating logistics, scheduling visits, arranging facilities and catering.
- Coordinate, lead and participate in special projects, independently analyze problems and make decisions affecting the department.
- Establish priorities and deadlines for completion of projects and work with the Office Manager to manage overflow work and responsibilities.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Back-up to Office Manager and other UT Police Support Staff.
- Other duties to include, but not limited to:
- Emergency recall and/or may be required to remain onsite or work extended hours during man-made or natural disasters and unusual occurrences on campus.
- Local or long distance travel may be required for training or other business purposes occasionally.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Required: Five years of administrative/secretarial experience supporting a leadership/executive level position.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
- Requisition ID: 131570
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,800
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,400
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 70,000