Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration Electronics Systems (ADV0003IU) - ERC
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on ERC.US
The Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration Electronics Systems will join our team with ERC, a JETS teammate company.
What you’ll do all day:
- Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of group of over 55 other Electronics and Electrical Engineers
- Work directly with or as a Team Lead and associated Electrical Engineers on a given project.
- Support new designs from conception, analysis, and manufacturing, through to operational test and deployment
- Provide design support and guidance in various aspects of Electronics System Development
- Be familiar with NASA specifications for Electronics Component development
- Develop component test stand architectures for various components
- Design and generate electrical component and lab instrumentation test system designs
- Develop and or modify LabVIEW code for various test systems
- Develop detailed test verification procedures
- Work with electrical and mechanical technicians to build and test designed systems
- Develop and test various breakout boxes and digital/analog sensor emulation systems
- Perform electrical evaluation/selection of instrumentation (pressure transducers, flow meters, pumps, fans, RTDs, Thermocouples, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and repair existing test systems
- Conduct analog and digital printed circuit board design for various application needs
- Develop test software modules to perform specific tests
- Work with eCAD designer to develop printed circuit board designs
- Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating procedures
- Perform other duties as required
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience
- Prior experience with Analog, Digital and Power electrical schematic entry and printed circuit board layout tools such as Altium Designer
- Prior experience with data acquisition systems (especially National Instruments) and LabVIEW code development
- Prior experience with FPGA circuitry design and coding in associated VHDL development environments.
- Prior experience with microcontroller circuitry design and associated embedded software development environments
- Prior experience in cable design for space applications
- Prior experience with JSC standards and processes
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Familiarity with data interface protocols and associated hardware such as Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI etc.
- Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, power analyzers
- Prior experience with cable design
- Prior experience in design and test of analog instrumentation systems
- Prior experience in design and test of stepper and brushless DC-DC control circuits
- Prior experience in design and test of power supply and conditioning systems
- Prior experience in version control software like Subversion (SVN)
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote, SharePoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.