Requisition Number: DISTR04934
Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 Mattress and Furniture retailer in North America, has an immediate opening for a Senior Distribution Center Manager. The ideal candidate is responsible for all functions of the warehouse.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
- Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
- Potential Bonus Opportunity
- Entry into the President's Club for top performing managers, earning an annual all-inclusive getaway
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide cost control of all expenses,e., labor, deliver, supplies, maintenance and utilities.
- Assure high standard of Safety is maintained according to corporate policy.
- Review and maintain product and equipment inventories.
- Coordinate transfer of product between operations.
- Comply with all corporate policies as well as all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Investigate and review accidents / injuries with necessary follow up.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Control transfer and delivery costs for assigned Distribution Center.
- Monitor labor, supplies, maintenance, delivery and utility costs.
- Direct supervision of all department supervisors at location.
- Indirect supervision of all other employees at location.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma required
- Associates or Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership role in a multi-channel distribution/logistics/ supply chain management environment or related environment; or seven + years of leadership experience with a minimum of five years in logistics, distribution or Supply Chain environment.
- Proven ability to operate effectively under complex and changing workflow situations.
- Proven track record of cost reduction strategies and execution in value added services.
- Strong management, teamwork and interpersonal skills; maintain effective working relationships as well as provide visible team leadership.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated collaboration across teams and the business.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to analyze data, form conclusions and develop actionable recommendations in a timely manner.
- Ability to motivate and lead. Strong decision making skills – both timely and effectively.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.