The Counselor provides counseling services to clients; conducts group counseling, along with individual client meetings; and prepares treatment plans based on initial assessment of client needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates case notes to document sessions
- Creates and manages progress reports, monthly summaries and discharge summaries
- Conducts group counseling sessions with clients
- Communicates key information with Community Supervision Officers
- Tracks compliance with drug and alcohol testing
- Participates in staffing case with supervisors, peers, and the courts
- Maintains appropriate entries in the electronic systems
- Operates office equipment, computers, phones, etc., necessary for the work
- Completes documentation of daily work activities in relevant databases
- Provides case consultation to Community Supervision Officers regarding clients with mental illness and/or substance abuse problems
- Monitors deadlines to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with policy, grant standards, funding and licensure requirements, special conditions of community supervision, and Community Justice Assistance Division (CJAD) general and substance abuse standards
- Helps to create and contribute to a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a cooperative and amicable manner with supervisors, coworkers, and members of the public
- Performs additional duties as assigned*
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
- Master's Degree in a Psychology- or Social Work-related field that allows for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor Intern (LPCI) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Licensure must be obtained within one (1) year of employment
- A valid State Driver's License (Texas upon hire)
Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) or access to an area where CJIS is received, maintained or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony, and any Class A Misdemeanor
- Convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor, if within the previous 10 years
- Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
- Family Violence conviction
- NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. “See Resume“ will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Commensurate with experience
- Paid biweekly based on 26 pay periods
- Part Time; 10-20 hours per week
- Various Locations in Harris County
This is not a contract position. Employment at will policy applies. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department