What you will do
The Construction Manager is part of our Performance Infrastructure Building Solutions & Technologies business with Johnson Controls.
Responsible for construction management of assigned projects. Determines resource levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors workforce levels to ensure conformance with the construction plan. Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work. Implements the site safety and security procedures and project work rules and plays an active role in the development of the safety program. Develops and maintains Customer and Subcontractor relationships. Works for the Regional Installation Manager.
The Construction Manager is actively involved in the local contracting community, industry organizations, and networks with local subcontractors. Responsible for maintaining high customer satisfaction for projects during the execution phase.
Works with the Market Team Operations Manager and Regional Installation Manager as needed, to provide sales support activities early in the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc. as needed. Works with the Market Team Operations Manager and Regional Installation Manager to ensure the profitable execution of assigned projects. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow for assigned projects
How you will do it
- Self-performs sales support activities early in the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc.
- Self-performs cost estimating, project scheduling and construction management of assigned projects.
- Manages the profitable execution of assigned projects.
- Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
- Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow for assigned projects.
- Understands project scope and customer expectations.
- Utilizes resource planning techniques to gain high productivity from team members.
- Plans, schedules and controls project activities.
- Broad knowledge of commercial/contractual complexity/deal structure/financial acumen
- Provides monthly reporting of Project financial status and participates in the Area General Manager Monthly Project Backlog reviews, as needed.
- Oversees FIMs, Multiple FIMs, and innovative/renewable FIMs.
- Established long term customer and contractor relationships. Influences customer.
- Develops and adheres to a Project Execution Plan for each assigned project.
- Establishes customer touch points throughout the life cycle of projects to gain feedback on customer satisfaction.
- Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Effectively communicates the status of assigned projects to Market Team and Regional Resource Team Manager as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin for the PC execution.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Fosters and maintains good working relationships with JCI internal Systems, Service and Lighting partners.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal requirements.
- Ensure Energy Solutions business is conducted with the highest ethical standards.
- Champions and drives the SSA Safety Program for employees and subcontractors at all levels.
- The Construction Manager is responsible for the executed margin for all assigned projects.
- The following metrics define this responsibility:
- Project Profitability
- Executed Gross Margin (Slippage)
- Project cash flow
- Timely Project completion
What we look for
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or an Associate’s Degree with equivalent work related experience and minimum of five (5) years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry.
- Management experience with HVAC Controls and HVAC Equipment, Mechanical and Electrical systems, Fire and Security systems and General Contracting is desired.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- The ability to travel. This will vary on project assignment. Projects may exist outside of assigned geography.
- Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
- LEED project management a plus
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.