For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. Within AWS, the Energy Industry Business Unit (IBU) is responsible for supporting the multi-national enterprise organizations from the Energy sector in their journey to the cloud. The Energy IBU is a diverse organization comprised of Global Account Managers, Inside Sales Account Managers, Solution Architects, Customer Solutions Managers, Go-to-Market professionals, Partner Sales Managers and Sales Operations professionals situated across the globe. We are a team of builders that set out every day to innovate on behalf of AWS’s largest customers and disrupt the status quo on their behalf. We don’t sit back and watch the world change; we’re the ones changing it. And we are on the hunt for curious and inventive builders who want to join a team where every day is full of engaging and meaningful work.
The Energy IBU Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement (“SSOE”) organization is right at the heart of the action! The SSOE team helps build the IBU go-to-market strategy and drives the execution of the IBU growth pillars, while reducing friction in the sales process so our customer facing teams are more productive and successful. The SSOE org is comprised of Field Operations, Insights, Internal Communications, Customer Optimization, and Field Enablement teams.
The Energy IBU SSOE organization is seeking an experienced Internal Communications Leader with a passion for technology. The Internal Communications Leader owns the development and execution of our organizational communications strategy. This role will be responsible for the development of strategic messaging and its delivery through executive-level content, including keynote presentations, technology demos, executive talking points and scripts, messaging documents, change management communications and internal events. The right candidate has a strong technology background combined with a passion for storytelling and experience in communications. In this role, the candidate will have an opportunity to create communication strategies and world-class content for the AWS Energy Business Unit senior leadership team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position can be located in any AWS office in the US.
- Develop and implement the communication strategy for the Energy Industry Business Unit organization.
- Own the creation and delivery of compelling, executive-level presentation materials (slides, scripts, messaging documents, and customer stories) for AWS senior leadership at all speaking events.
- Drive content creation for executive keynotes, including internal Town Hall meetings, fireside chats, the AWS Kick-Off, etc.
- Collaborate effectively with senior executives, their leadership teams, marketing, sales and technical teams, to translate technical concepts into compelling stories that are brought to life through visuals, demos, and executive scripts.
- Effectively develop and cultivate multi-channel communication strategy to share knowledge, wins, insights and create a community feel between our globally dispersed teams
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in internal and/or executive communications, product marketing, or public relations within the technology industry
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content and experience writing/developing content for executives
- A bias for action for developing high quality communications assets (presentations, videos, scripts)
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive work ethic
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
- Highly organized with multi-tasking skills; efficient in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Superb written and verbal communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records