Commercial Lender-Northwest Freeway/Gessner
Allegiance bank new
Requisition Number: COMME01468
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products, services and credit culture.
- Solicits, negotiates, underwrites and coordinates the closing of simple or complex consumer, residential, equipment, SBA, commercial building and business loans.
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information. Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Consistently applies superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies, procedures, and economic environment keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Maintain all the following asset quality ratios: Past dues over 30 days plus non-performing loans – less than 2%; Non-Performing assets – less than 0.60%; Classified loans less than 3.25%, Criticized loans less than 5.00%; and Net Charge-offs less than 0.25% (annualized).
- Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present a financing request to Senior Management or Loan Committee for approval; meets with existing or potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions; approves loans within established lending limits or refers and recommends acceptance to the Bank Office President, Chief Credit Officer or Loan Committee.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures matured loans are renewed in a timely manner for monthly and quarterly end reporting periods; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements.
- Responsible for trading and collection of all loan credit and collateral exceptions and deposit account exceptions in a timely manner within portfolio.
- Responsible for timely renewal of all matured loans with portfolio.
- Ensures that credit inquires and UCC filings are researched to determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning are achieved.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position in the financing arena.
- Reviews NSF and overdraft reports for customers assigned within portfolio; approves or declines such exceptions within established lending limits.
- Participates in bank wide initiatives as needed.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Reviews credit and collateral exception reports for customers assigned within his/her portfolio and resolves exceptions promptly by taking appropriate action.
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws, regulations and Bank policies by actively completing, or attending required trainings and other learning development activities by classroom training, online compliance courses, webinars and readings with discussion groups.