Cagewash Technician 1
Req ID #: 73774
Houston, TX, US, 77005
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Cagewash Technician 1 for our Insourcing Solutions site located in Houston, TX.
The following are responsibilities related to the Cagewash Technician 1:
- Reviews, comprehends and complies with all SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
- Operates equipment and uses supplies according to safety guidelines; performs general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
- Sanitizes, maintains, and repairs caging materials as needed. Maintains cagewash and animal holding facilities in a clean and organized manner, in adherence with all SOP and facility requirements.
- Disposes of waste materials in a safe and thorough manner as required.
- Maintains facility equipment and performs routine preventative maintenance on cagewash and autoclaves, including routine inspection of cleaning filters and roto-arms.
- Assists with the receipt, stocking and maintenance of supply inventories.
- Prepares and submits required written records, charts, logs and inventories.
- Actively interacts with customers as required to resolve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints and to provide technical assistance.
- Maintains consistent practice of general company and safety policies and procedures and MSDS guidelines, including those related to biohazards and radioactive substances. Performs all duties in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Cagewash Technician 1 position:
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Experience: Experience and/or training working with mechanical equipment preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: none required.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Technician, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Supply, Technology, Science, Research, Operations