Responsible for Purchasing, Inventory Management (Turnover & Surplus) and Completion Rate performance for assigned portfolio of Vendors / Product Lines.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute daily purchasing functions for assigned vendors / product lines by analyzing historical trends and using available system & market knowledge ~ guided by company goals & objectives.
• Employ wholesale inventory management techniques to optimize stock inventory performance while improving completion rates to our customers
• Lead business efforts on assigned portfolio to realize targeted surplus inventory dollars—including supplier return execution, inventory repositioning and surplus prevention
• Troubleshoot completion rate issues including backorder response, purchase order expediting and vendor communication
• Effectively communicate with both internal and external customers company & team goals and performance issues as they occur
• Work with Operations & Accounting teams in resolving receiving and cost discrepancies
• Proactively analyze vendor spend data to aid in business level vendor rationalization efforts
• Special Projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
• Prior Electrical Wholesale Distribution purchasing & inventory management experience preferred
• Strong Analytical abilities: Demonstrated competency using Excel and other MS Office products
• Excellent communications skills: Listener, known as a collaborator and proactive problem-solver
• Both strong team player and self directed individual who actively pursues both their individual & team goals
This position involves significant fiscal responsibility with regard to inventory asset control and purchasing / replenishment practices of the assigned portfolio. Individual performance targets are established on an annual basis that reflects the goals and objectives necessary to achieve overall total team goals as set by the Director of Purchasing and Inventory Asset.
This position is approximately 90% desk related work, with 8-10% walking or standing, and < 2% lifting demands less than 50 lbs. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT Requirements are office based, with some exposure to an environmentally protected warehouse. Office hours are from 8:00 am to 5:0 0pm but may require hours outside standard business hours to accommodate meetings and projects.