Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative - Parallels
Push the boundaries of tech. In your sweatpants.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Representative to help us change the way the world works, with Parallels anytime, anywhere, any-device productivity. Here, you’ll drive the outbound prospecting effort by executing strategic prospecting campaigns to target accounts and executive personas with our Parallels team.
The top creative and technical minds could work anywhere. So why are so many of them choosing Alludo? Here are three reasons:
- This is the moment. It’s an exciting time at Alludo, with new leadership, a refreshed brand (you probably know us as Corel!), and a whole new approach to changing the way the world works. We’re at the forefront of a movement, and we want you to ride this wave with us.
- We want you to be you. Too often, companies tell you about their culture and then expect you to fit it. Our culture is built from the people who work here. We want you to feel safe to be who you are, take risks, and show us what you’ve got.
- It’s your world. We know you have a life. We want to be part of it, but not all of it. At Alludo, we’re serious about empowering people to work when, how, and where they want. Couch? Sweatpants? Cool with us. We believe that happy employees mean happy customers. That’s why we hire amazing people and get out of their way.
Sound good so far? Awesome. Let’s talk more about the role and see if we’re destined to be together.
- Drive the outbound prospecting effort by executing strategic prospecting campaigns to target accounts and executive personas via:
- Email outreach
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Phone / Texting
- User Group Events
- Channel Partner Events
- Recruiting, securing and onboarding net new Independent Software Vendors (ISV), Managed Service Providers (MSP), and Cloud Service Providers (CSP) partners in the North American and LATAM territories.
- Qualify inbound leads from ISV, MSP and CSP prospects and lead opportunity progression until Parallels Service Provider (PSP) agreement execution.
- Work with new Service Provider partners to ensure they are on boarded, technically trained/certified, ensure they understand the Parallels sales process and Partner Portal.
- Successfully transition new opportunities to appropriate sales team members for further development and closing.
- Research potential new prospects using various web-based tools.
- Participate in account mapping/planning with channel partners.
- Develop new sales opportunities with qualified buyers and keep your sales reps’ and channel partners’ pipeline full.
- Participate in regular planning, strategy, and training meetings with peers, sales reps, sales management, and marketing.
- Collaborate with on-prem and remote sales, sales engineering, marketing, and development teams to craft value propositions, plan messaging and excite our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP.)
- Show commitment and accountability for your attainment to monthly/quarterly quotas and your career growth.
- Be humble, coachable, great to work with, and open to trying new things.
- Have passion to develop a successful career in engineering technology sales.
- 1-2 years previous experience in an account/business/sales development role desired but not required.
- Bonus: previous experience in a customer-facing role.
- Attention to detail and ability to learn and follow our sales development process and capture data into our CRM.
- Ability to deliver on daily/weekly activity targets.
- Quantifiable evidence of past success and ongoing learning.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit – exhibited by creativity and “outside the box” thinking.
- Ability to execute the strategic nature of territory sales plans, focusing on the development of large, long-term business outcomes.
- Demonstrate the qualities of a leader – strong listener, self-driven, accountable, and capable of delivering exceptional results.
The following are not required, but definitely nice to have:
- Prior SaaS sales experience.
- Familiarity with/knowledge of MDM and device management software/tools.
- Knowledge of or prior working experience with hosted solutions models (ISV, MSP, or CSP).
- Advanced technical understanding of virtualization solutions, including Citrix XenApp/desktop, VM Ware Horizon, Microsoft RDS and associated CSP programs.
- Ability to articulate the business and technical value of virtualization, cloud, DaaS, SaaS, VDI and Mobility driven solutions.
- Parallels is an award-winning solution that helps users leverage the best technology out there, whether it’s Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, or the cloud.
- We have millions of users and decades of innovation under our belts.
- We offer a fully remote workspace and we mean it. There is no pressure to work in an office whatsoever.
- We have flexible work arrangements and locations to suit your style.
- Hours are flexible, too! You’ve worked hard to build your life, and we don’t want you to give it up for work.
- Our team is growing fast, and there’s a ton of energy and a lot of really smart, motivated, fun people ready to welcome you in.
What are you waiting for? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this role is 44,000 – 83,000 per annum. This range is based on the grade of the position and does not reflect the influence of market data or candidate experience.
(FYI, we’re lucky to have a lot of interest and we so appreciate your application, though please note that we’ll only contact you if you’ve been selected for an interview.)
Alludo is a beloved and trusted industry titan fueled by make-everything-easier flexibility. With a 30+ year legacy of innovation, we understand where you've been and we're uniquely equipped to get you where you want to be. Our comprehensive collection of creative, collaborative, and productivity solutions propel your teams on their journey. From meeting your deadlines to realizing your dreams, Alludo empowers all you do.
Our products enable millions of connected knowledge workers around the world to do great work faster. Our success is driven by an unwavering commitment to deliver a broad portfolio of innovative applications – including CorelDRAW®, MindManager®, Parallels®, and WinZip® – to inspire users and help them achieve their goals.
It is our policy and practice to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetics, or any other protected characteristic.
Alludo is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations that are required. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request as required by Federal and Provincial regulations and Company Policy. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.