Hours/Week: 40 hours Location: US:TX:Houston
Minimum Pay Rate:
Relevant experience and education will be taken into consideration when determining actual starting pay rate.
This position is responsible for overseeing the workflow of plans assigned; communicating with clients, sponsor consultation on plan design, preparation of Forms 5500, 990 and PCORI 720 taxreports, conducting compliance testing for plans assigned if applicable and maintaining proficiency in regulatory developments.
- Communicate with clients.
- Attend client meetings as requested or required
- Maintain proficiency in regulatory requirements.
- Review and discuss plan document provisions with clients.
- Preparation/review of annual and quarterly reports.
- Conduct and analyze discrimination testing, if applicable.
- Responsible for year-end administration, including forfeiture of participant balances
- Prepare annual 990 and 5500 with related forms and reports and assure timely filing, if applicable.
- Review new plan setup.
- Assure that plans assigned remain in compliance with current rules and regulations.
- Review transaction rejects.
- Assist with census problems.
- Assist in conducting Plan audits when necessary.
- Assist with system design and set-up for new plan types.
- Assist with plan document maintenance.
As an integral member of the organization, this position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to help the department and the Company in achieving their goals.
- S. Degree in Business or related field, ECFC designations preferred.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Proficient mathematics skills
- Relate to co-workers and customers with respect, providing clear and detailed information
- Display an intermediate level competency with Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as personal computer skills
Minimum three years of experience in health and welfare administration
Telephone, PC, Calculator
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Human Resources Contact: Alexandra N. Hamilton
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.