Hart Energy provides specialized data/information products and member-only services that ranks among the leading providers of news, data and analysis for the global energy industry.
Hart Energy offers a competitive benefits package, 401(k) plan, 21 Paid Time Off (PTO) days, 14 paid holidays, flexible work schedule and much more.
The Billing Coordinator performs all functions related to the customer billing process. This position is responsible for the creation and revision of customer invoices as well as assisting with the allocation of cash receipts and researching discrepancies as it relates to the billing process. The Billing Coordinator will also provide excellent customer support, manage the month end close process for invoicing, as well as create revenue allocations. This position works heavily with the sales team and assists the Staff Accountant and Revenue Cycle Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the daily customer billings for all business units within Hart Energy, including, but not limited to the creation, processing, and, if applicable, revision of customer invoices (or proformas if necessary).
- Responsible for sending invoices to customers, responding to questions, discrepancies, and special requests from customers effectively and in an appropriate time-frame.
- Assist in the event sales and fulfillment processes.
- Maintain weekly, monthly, and yearly sales reports.
- Assist conference sales team before and during the events with client rebooking.
- Perform the month end close invoicing activities for all business units within multiple databases, including, but not limited to Intacct and Adsys.
- Understand and create revenue recognition schedules as well as revenue allocation templates on a per contract basis.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing/recording and reporting of revenue sales in accordance with contracts. Coordinate the collection of exhibitor/sponsor materials to support contractual obligations.
- Set up and maintenance of all customers for invoice submission for both routine and complex billing arrangements.
- Assist with applying cash receipts and adjustments to customer accounts, as needed.
- Ensure appropriate management approvals have been obtained for adjustments, including write-offs.
- Perform monthly proforma and conference contract reconciliations to ensure all monthly billings have been recorded and all contracts submitted.
- Contribute to client satisfaction through quality work product and timely responses.
- File all customer invoices to adhere to the file retention policy.
- Communicate all activities to the Controller.
- Maintain immaculate records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of accounts receivable/revenue recognition experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Google (Sheets, Drives, Docs), and Outlook.
- Ability to work accurately under time constraints.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- An Equal Opportunity Employer.