The Account Representative -Ocean Export is responsible for coordinating and executing shipments to ensure adequate service levels of clients are met. This position supports the company's day to day functions and is the direct liason for assigned shipments.
- Receives and edits export orders
- Prepares all necessary documents such as commercial invoices, export declarations, certificate of origin, letters of credit
- Prepares international export documents timely and accurately according to custom's and customer's requirements.
- Arranges shipments through shipper's contracted carriers
- Reviews pertinent domestic and foreign trade regulations
- Communicates with vendors, government agencies, customer
- Coordinates with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction is met
- Maintains SOP manual of international export requirements for each customer and updates as necessary
- Maintains organized files monthly by customer for all international shipments
- Provides clerical support including: sorting of faxes and documents and distribution of those documtns to team members
- Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor
High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Mimimum 3 years experience in exportation of goods or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Knowledge of Letters of Credit preferred
- Knowledge of the movement of freight via ocean
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Work, Access and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Abitlity to multi task
- Mathematical skills essential to ensure accuracy in pricing
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions“ and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions“ of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions“.