Tailored Brands, Inc.'s purpose is to help our customers love how they look. We accomplish this by providing a personal, convenient, one-of-a-kind shopping experience with compelling products and world-class service. We help fulfill this mission by providing our employees with an engaging and inclusive workplace focused on teamwork, growth and respect.
As an Accounts Receivable Clerk, with primary responsibilities associated with collections, month-end close, and reconciliation. This is a great opportunity to play a vital role and grow with this company.
Our position description lists the minimum skills/experience/knowledge required. We welcome and encourage candidates with more experience to apply.
Duties & Key Accountabilities:
- Responsible for creating, analyzing, updating, and acting upon aging reports
- Communicate with customers to insure all receivable balances are collections in a timely manner and accurately record all finding
- Verifies and posts accounts receivable transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records
- Mail invoices and credit memos on a daily basis
- Generate client billing on a monthly basis
- Reconcile statements and research outstanding balances with customers
- Attend and participate in weekly aging meetings
- Research and resolve invoice and payment issues
- Interacts with internal departments and customers to resolve questions/issues
- Works closely with sales and provides store support
- Takes responsibility to understand work assignments and project priorities
- Cross-train on a variety of accounts receivable functions
- Adheres to corporate organizational procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an Accounts Receivable Clerk is required
- High volume transaction experience preferred
- Some accounting experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required (strong Excel skills)
- Other preferred software experience: Oracle or PeopleSoft
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, and be highly detail oriented
- Requires strong collections skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be a “big picture“, pro-active thinker
- Provide first class service to all customers
- Team player, works well within team environment, responsive to team goals and objectives
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
- Adheres to the appropriate code of ethics
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Self-motivated with the desire to excel in performance and knowledge
- Ability to learn quickly and to be self-motivated
- Good problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Punctual and dependable
- Houston, Texas area resident
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass the background check
- Ability to maintain a sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time while operating computer equipment.
- Exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount frequently to move objects.
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week (and some overtime, when necessary) from the Company's Houston, Texas corporate office.