This is a unique opportunity for a Account Executive, Government to be part of a cutting-edge, dynamic organization created specifically to meet the growing challenges faced by legal professionals working at the most prominent government agencies in the world. This position covers new and/or existing accounts in assigned geography or territory and prospects new customers or new business at existing customers and closes sales.
- Conduct weekly customer strategy calls with key inside and field partners.
- Effectively demonstrate key products and integrated solutions within 6 months of hire; for new products, effectively position and demonstrate within 45 days of launch.
- Utilize Power Messaging to conduct effective sales presentations; engage in two-way dialogue to effectively tie value proposition back to customer needs.
- Demonstrate superior territory management skills by effectively prioritizing selling activities and maximizing selling time in front of customers.
- Selling skills - ability to navigate a complex software solutions sale.
- Sales stage proficiency – ability to fully understand and demonstrate value of each of the stages in the sales cycle.
- Communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with key government contacts at various levels.
- Discovery and presentation skills - ability to effectively express software/solutions concepts and demonstrate legal research solutions.
- Computer skills - the ability to effectively utilize various automation tools, such as Salesforce.com and internal order-to-cash systems.
- Business and technical acumen - the ability to solve customer and internal company issues, while staying abreast of relevant technology applications and trends.
Culture: Delivering results; commitment to colleagues and customers (customer first); collaboration/partnering internally and across various TR business units to deliver value; adaptive & active learner; honesty, respect for others, ethics, business standards.
- Candidate must reside in sales territory.
- Minimum of 4-5 years direct field sales experience (sales experience in the government markets preferred) with exemplary track record of sales quota over achievement.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience, JD a plus.
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations 70% of the time with up to 40% overnight travel.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Houston-Texas-United States of America
Req #: JREQ131532
Locations: Houston-Texas-United States of America
Job Function: Sales