Shift: Part Time, Varies
Performs activities relate to transportation of Radiology patients in an expedient and safe manner. Assists Technologist with imaging related duties as directed. Retrieves and assembles radiology film files. Utilizing the PACS, releases requested images through the burning of a CD/DVD or printed films. Coworker will perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values and CHI service standards.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Transports patients safely to and from clinical, ancillary and support department areas as directed by the technologist. Properly identifies patients before transporting them to and from department.
- Works in film room with assembly of any incomplete records, filing or purging utilizing the PACS releases requested images through the burning of the CD/DVD or printed items.
- Assists clinical personnel in lifting and transferring patients to and from beds, chairs, wheelchairs or stretchers. Uses proper body mechanics while performing this function. Assists the technologist with portable radiographic/fluoroscopic exams.
- Assists with care of department equipment and supplies./ Keeps all work areas clean and neat.
- Properly tracks film jackets using EPIC. Delivers films/folders to different locations within the hospital as needed.
- Retrieves needed records from out building as required. Records pulled consist of film the folders and/or other medical records.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings. Must attend at least 50% of department meetings.
Education: High School or equivalent.
License/Certification: N/A - Certification. BLS is obtained from the AHA within 90 days of hire.
Experience: Previous healthcare experience.
Physical Requirements: This job requires, at various times, the following physical activities; climbing, balancing, stopping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, carrying, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, and hearing, sometimes exerting in excess of 20-100 pounds of force. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform daily activities. May be subject to inside environmental conditions, hazards (including electrical currents and exposure to high heat and chemicals), infectious diseases, and may be required to function around prisoners and mental patients.
Services Skills: NA