Full Time Nights
Operates Injection Molding and Printing Machines by placing, removing, and inspecting and packaging plastic parts as specified by customer requirements. Perform various tasks, functions and duties as directed by supervisor and managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads shop orders to determine machine number, shop order number, part number, and part description.
- Operates Injection and Printing Machines by positioning plastic components in machines and/or removing plastic parts from machines.
- Observes plastic part to detect defects and notifies Lead Workers or Quality Assurance when defects are caused by machine malfunction.
- Handles secondary jobs, such as sonic welding, part trimming, weighing parts, etc. as assigned.
- Observes material levels of Injection and Printing Machines and monitors grinders as needed.
- Deburrs or deflashes plastic parts.
- Packages plastic parts as specified by customer orders.
- Completes production paperwork, correctly completing shop orders, positioning and initialing of all necessary labels, etc.
- Conducts housekeeping responsibilities including picking up parts, sweeping, putting away equipment as jobs are completed, etc.
- Uses computer system to clock in and out of jobs and record any needed information.
- Observes, corrects &/or informs necessary personnel of safety hazards immediately.
- Professionally and positively communicates with employees and management. Responds to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Serves as a positive example to other employees through proper compliance of company policies.
- Projects enthusiasm about the company through positive interactions with others, including internal and external customers.