Requisition Number: SETUP01494
SET UP MECHANIC
Actively Hiring – Immediate Opening
Hours: 12 Hour Shift Day Schedule - 7am - 7:30pm
Competitive pay & benefits: Comprehensive medical/health package, career growth, paid time off, 401k with match, tuition reimbursement, Employment Assistance Program, among other perks...
“Come Build a Career with our Growing, Fast-Paced, Customer-Focused Company that fostersTraining and Professional Development!“
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
“Quality & Safety are Top Comar Priorities“
Set up and consistently maintain machines to ensure that they operate in a safe and efficient manner. Install/remove tooling. Perform basic preventive maintenance on machines.
- Remove mold and auxiliary equipment from press and return equipment to proper location. Set next mold, locate and fasten on press, adjust by shimming, set ejection, set pins, set and adjust to prescribed pressures, stroke, and temperatures, change piping as required. Sample parts visually as well as dimensionally.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to specifications or from instructions of supervisor. Use all available setup records as a guide to machine setup in relation to machine cycles, temperature settings, etc.
- Setup and prepare auxiliary equipment such as temperature controllers, conveyors, grinders, material handling systems, and resin dryers.
- Report to supervisor any setups that cannot be run in accordance with prescribed methods.
- Have machine in operation and producing acceptable parts, checked by inspection, before releasing for Quality approval.
- Acknowledge and correct molding difficulties. Report to supervisor all problems and difficulties with molding process.
- Locate, transport, install and store molds in accordance with established guidelines. Prepare auxiliary and second support equipment as required at the press.
- Monitor presses and alarms and troubleshoot issues.
- Follows proper setup checks and floor operation procedures.
- Trouble shoot the manufacturing process to diagnose and resolve anticipated or actual manufacturing problems that may affect product quality.
- Monitor and Maintain Quality of produced parts.
- Clean molds.
- Verify documents and logs are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
Safety and Cleanliness
“We have put in place Covid-19 practices for our employees’ safety“
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, safety procedures and follow 5S standards.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment and report any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Wear company issued REQUIRED personal protective equipment (PPE) for an ISO 13485 and GMP compliant facility.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
“A Comar employee who will represent the customer and be the consumer’s advocate”
Do You Have…?
- Understanding of the operating characteristics and capabilities of all manufacturing machinery, equipment, and controls including plastic injection molding machine, cranes, various hand tools, temperature controllers, drill press, pick and place robots.
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead cranes or ability to be trained and quickly become efficient. (depending on set up mechanic level).
- Knowledge of plastic resins, mold setup and functions of an injection molding press.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver's License
- Perform set-up for new molds and highly complex molds as directed.
- Communicate /present information to individuals or small groups.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units. Compute rate, ratio, percent.
Do you have the Physical Stamina to…?
- Stand and walk for most of the work shift.
- Regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with proper gear or equipment.
- Occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Use close vision.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and generally works in a clean manufacturing environment that meets Pharmaceutical Customer GMP requirements. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.